Wednesday 13 July 2011

vinternals is Dead, Long Live vinternals!

Alas people, it's been an unbelievable ride but I'm afraid it has come to an end :'(.

For a little while now, I have been building something. It's not finished yet, but I have had to learn (and re-learn) so much, that my focus on VMware technologies just isn't as laserlike as it used to be. And while that doesn't mean I know less about the VMware stack now than i did a year ago, it means I'll likely be focusing solely on the hypervisor itself and less on everything else until I don't need to point the majority of my focus at these other things. But given those things are *nix internals, JavaScript, MongoDB, and a lot of web technologies surrounding these, don't hold your breath :).

Soon all the content from this site will move to vinternals.blogspot.com (the content on vinternals.wordpress.com will remain where it is today). Now you know why I put 'search vinternals' on the back of my novelty business cards - I guess subconsciously I have known for a while that this day would come.

The other thing I am going to do is start writing under my real name. This is something that I have been a little hesitant about for a while, despite advocates of real identity like my good mate Mark Pollard making persuasive arguments to do so.

So if you're interested in a plate of everything that comes with large infrastructure (which of course includes some virtualisation) and web technologies (plus a side of philosophy), I encourage you to follow my new Twitter account, @sturadnidge. Absolutely no offense taken if you choose not to. And yes, I'll be writing at a new address in the very near future (but you'll have to follow @sturadnidge to find out when).

Thanks to all of you for tuning in over the years, I'm flattered that you thought I was (and hopefully still am) worth listening to, and I hope you learned something along the way - I know did.

No comments: